World of Princesses Ministry is a girl oriented organization Founded by Sr. Irene Lucy Onyai under the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu (LSMIG) with the goal to empower the Girl-Child to live their lives to the fullest. It an entity under the Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu (LSMIG).
In her new post to Nebbi Catholic Diocese after her transfer from Kampala, Rev. Sr. Irene Lucy Onyai (LSMIG) could not keep silent on the degrading situations of the Girl-Child. Extremely few are in school and Many do not even think of education as part of their lives, others are abandoned teen mothers, while others are physically and sexually exploited and abused in the domestic and economic arena. This cycle of degradation affected the self esteem and self worth of the girls, their position in the ‘man’s world and their general world view even in line with the gospel and teaching of the church.
The passion for the well being of the girls burned the Heart of Sr. Irene Lucy Onyai, LSMIG. She immediately organised the first ever girl conference. This was held from the 23rd -26th January 2014. The girls were also given an additional name “Princess” as a baseline for the empowerment of the girls in the light of the gospel ‘Blessed Virgin Mary is a Queen and so the girls who are her daughters are princess! The name ‘princesses’ then took over all the programmes.
With the success of the girl conference January 2014, the programme immediately ‘caught fire’ and began to organize series of girls Camps within Parishes with requests from the girls and the Parish priests; this later led to the formation of the ministry; World of Princesses Ministry.
The girl ministry has seen tremendous growth and is also registered under the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Youth Ministry (CACRYM) of Uganda. It’s operation is nationally but with close supervision of Little Sisters of Mary Immaculate of Gulu (LSMIG) and CACRYM.
An empowered and emancipated God fearing girl
- Help a girl cherish her dignity and that of other persons as made in the image and likeness of God
- Embrace joyfully the call to love and live chastely either as a married person or as a celibate person
- Deepen the relationship with Christ and the Church through frequent prayer and celebration of the sacraments, especially the Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation and the Sacrament of the Eucharist
- Promoting Girl-child education and reducing early marriages
- Achieve girl child empowerment and reduce cases of Sexual and Gender Based Violence and exploitation